Dean of the
College of Engineering
College of Engineering
- Committee Chair:Professor Jeong-Seok Yang
- Committee Member:Professor Heeman Choe
Professor Ho-Seok Nam
Professor Jay Il Jeong
Professor Jung Kyung Kim
The Committee of University-Industry Cooperation
- Committee Member:Professor Doobyong Bae
Professor Byung Ha Kang
Professor Won-Jong Nam
Office of Engineering College,F. 02.910.4655
- Manager: Young Joo, T. 02.910.4348
- Staff: Min Jung Baek,
- Staff: Min Seok Kang, T. 02.910.5268
The School of Advanced Materials Engineering
- Chairperson: Professor Pil-Ryung Cha
- Staff Assistant: Sohee Ahn, T 02.910.4660
- Engineer: Mira Yoo, T 02.910.5365
School of Mechanical Engineering
- Chairperson: Professor Byung Ha Kang
- Staff Assistant: Somin Jung, T. 02.910.4670
- Staff Assistant: Joo Hyung Han, T. 02.910.4670
- Engineer: Woon-Sang Ahn,
The School of Civil and Environment Engineering
- Chairperson:Professor Young-Ki Lee
- Staff Assistant: Jun Park, T. 02.910.4690
- Staff Assistant: Kook-Hyung Lee,
- 1974.03.01 the College of Engineering was established. The College started with four departments
(Department of Metallurgical Engineering, Department of Architecture Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, and Department of Civil Engineering), During this time, the number of students admitted to the College of Engineering was 120
- 1976.03.01Department of Mechanics and Design was established.
- 1978.03.01Department of Electronics Engineering was established.
- 1981.03.01Kookmin College was restructured to Kookmin University; Department of Engineering was expanded
to the College of Engineering; Night Undergraduate School was closed.
- 1992.03.01Department of Automotive Engineering was established.
- 1997.03.01The College of Engineering adopted a new school system for students to choose the majors after their freshman year.
- 2004.09.01The Graduate School of Automotive Engineering was established.
- 2005.03.01Engineering programs were accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering Education of Korea(ABEEK)
- 2006.03.01The School of Electrical and Computer Science was reclassified into the College of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science after it was founded in 2006.
- 2010.03.01The School of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering was divided into the School of Mechanical Systems Engineering and the Department of Automotive Engineering (applied to the freshman of year 2010)
- 2014.03.01Department of Automotive Engineering was reclassified into the newly established College of Automotive Engineering.
- 2015.03.01Convergence Mechanical Engineering Major was established in the School of Mechanical Systems Engineering.